Jul 11, 2013

My Laundry is Never Done



I want to tell you a secret: My laundry is never done. There is always at least one dirty cloth in my home. This fact used to bother me in a major way. I believed I wasn't measuring up to my own expectations of being a stay-at-home mom.

Before my children came along I thought I understood what it was like to care for another person 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I thought it would be easy to stay home, take care of a baby, clean, cook, run errands, pay bills, and be a fabulous wife.

Eight years later I am finally accepting the reality of my motherhood journey.

My home will not be without mess. Some nights cereal will be the main course. There will always be clothes to wash, fold, and put away. I will sometimes feel tired, overwhelmed, frustrated, and ready to hide away in the bathroom (which has happened frequently over the years!).

There is also plenty of life to celebrate.

I have a pretty awesome husband, healthy children, a home to live in, more than enough food, a vehicle, church, family, friends, electricity, water, clothes...the list is endless.

God does not promise to give us an easy life.

Motherhood is hard work. You know this my friend.

What He does promise is to never leave us. He will provide the life we need and then we choose our response to Him.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

My life will never be perfect but I can choose to see the joy in my never-ending laundry and the Lucky Charms my children are happy to eat for dinner. I am showing my children that life does not need to be perfected but accepted as a journey filled with beauty and messiness. 

Remember Momma, you are the princess of a King. He does not want you weary, He hopes you will lean into Him for the energy and joy to get through each day. 

Choose to walk with Christ and you will be sustained.



Q2Y: How do you find joy in your imperfect days?

Linking up with Hope For the Weary MomThursday Favorite ThingsDesire to Inspire

8 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder, even for us non-mommas. The only one who demands perfection from us, is us!

    I find joy in my imperfect days by stopped at the end of the day and listing several things that I am thankful for. It really helps put the bad days into perspective, and makes the great days even better!

    Visiting from ARD :-)

    www.yearofblessing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by Victoria! You are so right, perfection is something we strive for and can never be attained in the world. Thanks for sharing how you embrace your imperfect days. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. When I gather the laundry on Tuesdays, and get it all washed, dried, folded and put away by Friday, I count that a moral victory! I choose to happily ignore the growing clothes in hampers. That is next week's laundry! ;)

    Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is great! Ignorance is bliss for sure sometimes :). Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Laundry is never done in my house either! Thank God for providing so many clothes and things to wash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Donna! It's so easy to take each and every blessing for granted. Thank you for stopping by today!

      Delete
  4. I am right where you are, laundry is a never ending project in my house too. And 9 years after becoming a stay at home Mom I think I am finally coming to terms with it. Visiting from Hope for the Weary Mom. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, thank you for reading! I guess it's all in what e choose to accept in our lives. Glad I'm not alone in my laundry mess!

    ReplyDelete